If you have been the victim of an assault while going about your everyday business you are entitled to seek an award of compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).
Violence can strike anywhere and if you have been assaulted through no fault of your own and did nothing to bring about the assault, then you can apply for an award.
Making a claim to the CICA can be a complicated and lengthy process but here at Criminal Injury Claims Advice we have the expertise and knowledge to help and assist you to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
To qualify for a claim you need to have:
- been assaulted in the past two years
- reported the matter to the police as soon as possible after the attack
- co-operated fully with the police
- sought some degree of medical attention/assistance for your injuries
- not in any way caused or contributed to the incident e.g. by starting a fight or acting in a threatening manner
It does not matter if your attacker has not been arrested or convicted – this is not necessary for a claim to be successful. All you need to show is that, on the balance of probabilities, the incident occurred as reported. This means ‘is it more likely than not that the incident occurred as you reported it’. If you can show this then there is a good chance your claim will be successful.
The CICA may reduce or refuse an award if you have any convictions. However your criminal injury claims adviser will be able to give you all the information that you need about this.
To get the help you need to bring a claim for a financial award from the CICA get in touch with us today:
- call Mike Massen on 0113 224 7804. We will listen in complete confidence and give you the best advice regarding the strength of your claim and how much you may be entitled to. We will answer all your questions so that you can decide if you want to proceed with your application to the CICA. If you do; we are here for you and can help.
- email your contact details with as much information as you want to give us, and we will call or email you; just let us know what works best for you. Email us at email@example.com
- pop your details in the contact box on the top right of this page and we will get back to you for a free, confidential chat to see how we can help you.
Your claim can be dealt with on a No Win-No Fee basis so you don’t have to worry about the cost of bringing your claim.
Here to help you when you need it most.