The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) is a government funded organisation that makes compensation payments to the victims of crimes of violence whether subjected to a physical or sexual assault carried out by a stranger, spouse, family member or colleague.
If you have been the victim of a crime of violence then you have the right to seek a financial award for your injuries and, depending on the circumstances financial losses.
Claim from the CICA
To qualify for an award you need to show:
- the assault happened in Great Britain
- occurred in the past two years
- you sustained a non trivial injury
- you reported the matter to the police in a prompt manner – this usually means within 48-72 hours of the assault
- you co-operated and assisted the police in finding and prosecuting your attacker.
There does not need to be a conviction or an arrest for you to bring a claim as long as you reported the incident and co-operated as above.
To find out more, and to see if you qualify for an award simply click the linked page that applies to you:
If you require any further information, or would like to begin the process then get in touch with us today; one of our advisers will be waiting to help you get your claim started.
To get the help you need to bring a claim for a financial award from the CICA get in touch with us today:
- call Mike Massen on 0113 224 7804. We will listen in complete confidence and give you the best advice on the strength of your claim and how much you may be entitled to. We will answer all your questions so that you can decide if you want to proceed with your application to the CICA. If you do; we are here for you and can help.
- email us with your contact details and as much information as you want to give us, and we will call or email you; just let us know what works best for you.
- pop your details in the contact box on the top right of this page and we will get back to you for a free, confidential chat to see how we can help you.
Your claim can be dealt with on a No Win-No Fee basis so you don’t have to worry about the cost of bringing your claim.
Here to help you when you need it most.