If you have been subjected to domestic violence then you can apply to the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority (CICA) for an award of compensation for any injuries you may have suffered as a victim of this crime of violence.
It does not matter if you were or are married or in a long-term relationship – no-one has the right or authority to abuse, hit or beat you. Domestic abuse or violence is a crime and, as such, you are entitled to seek compensation from the CICA for the injuries and losses you have suffered as a result of this abuse.
Here at Criminal Injury Claims Advice we have the knowledge and experience to help you apply and obtain the compensation you deserve and are entitled to. The award is paid by the Government and the person who assaulted will never know that you have applied or received an award.
Making a claim to the CICA can be a long and complicated process. Our expert advisers will give you experienced and confidential assistance in making your application.
You can make an application if:
- you reported the matter to the police
- cooperated fully with police in their investigation and prosecution of your attacker
- you make an application to the CICA within two years of the assault
- the incident happened in the UK or on British territory
There does not need to be a conviction but you do need to give your full support to the police in their investigation; if you withdraw your statement or refuse or fail to attend court if required to, then the CICA may refuse or reduce an award.
To get the help you need to bring a claim for a financial award from the CICA get in touch with us today:
- call Mike Massen on 0113 224 7804. We will listen in complete confidence and give you the best advice regarding the strength of your claim and how much you may be entitled to. We will answer all your questions so that you can decide if you want to proceed with your application to the CICA. If you do; we are here for you and can help.
- email your contact details with as much information as you want to give us, and we will call or email you; just let us know what works best for you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- pop your details in the contact box on the top right of this page and we will get back to you for a free, confidential chat to see how we can help you.
Your claim can be dealt with on a No Win-No Fee basis so you don’t have to worry about the cost of bringing your claim.
Here to help you when you need it most.