If you have been sexually assaulted while at work, either by a colleague, customer or client then you can look to claim an award from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). The CICA is a government funded body that makes payment to the victims of violent crime, including the victims of a sexual assault at work.
If you have been subjected to such an attack then you should report the matter to your employer and the police as soon as possible, and certainly within 48-72 hours.
To be eligible for a claim you need to show:
- The incident happened in the past two years
- You sustained a physical assault – unwanted sexual attention or comments alone do not constitute an assault for the purposes of a CICA claim
- The incident needs to have occurred within Great Britain – broadly speaking this is England, Scotland and Wales
- It was promptly reported to the police or other suitable authority
- You have co-operated fully with the police and the CICA.
Bringing a claim can be an upsetting and traumatic experience. Here at Criminal Injuries Claim Advice we have the experience and knowledge to help you deal with your application, from the submission of your application form, through to advising you on the level of compensation you should be looking for and whether any award is appropriate.
If you are worried about making a claim or dealing with the CICA then we can take away all your concerns and act on your behalf.
To get the help you need to bring a claim for a financial award from the CICA get in touch with us today:
- call Mike Massen on 0113 224 7804. We will listen in complete confidence and give you the best advice regarding the strength of your claim and how much you may be entitled to. We will answer all your questions so that you can decide whether you wish to proceed with your application to the CICA. If you do; we are here for you and can help.
- email your contact details with as much information as you want to give us and we will call or email you; just let us know what works best for you. Email us at email@example.com
- pop your details in the contact box on the top right of this page and we will get back to you for a free, confidential chat to see how we can help you.
Your claim can be dealt with on a No Win-No Fee basis so you don’t have to worry about the cost of bringing your claim.
Here to help you when you need it most.
If you have been subjected to unwanted sexual attention or comments that fall short of a physical assault, you may still be able to bring a claim against your employer. Should you wish to seek legal advice about this, contact us as above.